this girl's life

this site contains adult content- 18 and older only please

hormones=bad

I've put off blogging about this.... but the fact is... at some point... there may be a need to refer back to it. SO...might as well spill the dirty details and move forward.

Back in January, we had some birth control issues. Well it seems that we are right back where we were. At the beginning of this month... my IUD came out... once more. I decided I was over playing the IUD game.. as it seems my body doesn't like them anymore.. so I went for a new form of birth control.

I picked out the Nuvaring... as some of the other forms aren't my friend either. I was hoping this would be the end of my problems with anti baby making... I was wrong. A little over a week after starting it... shit kinda hit the fan. I was all sorts of fucked up... I was hormonal and crazy.. to say the least.

The mood swings I was having were out of control... I'd be a raging bitch one minute.. and a crying mess the next. The bad part for me is that I could see myself being irrational... but couldn't stop. I felt so terrible for Ben having to put up with me but he really was a trooper. He was so patient and good to me throughout the whole thing.

After about a week of this craziness... I really couldn't take it anymore... and took the damn thing out. That was on Saturday.. and I can feel the difference already. I'm not completely myself still but I'm a lot closer than I was. I cannot begin to describe how difficult it is.. to see yourself go through this. It's hard not to feel like yourself.

So we're back to square one. I'm so over birth control and don't understand why it's so hard not to have children. I officially hate hormones... and the crap it does to me. I've never in my life had such a hard time. This year has really sucked for that.

I'm off to the doctor today... see what to do now. Lets hope whatever I get does the trick.

4 comments:

I understand and share your frustrations. I can't go the hormonal route, too many problems with them to list. I was looking into IUDs, but I'm on the fence with it. I hope you and your doctor are able to come up with a solution. It's horribly frustrating.

 

Minority...

We came up with something... and I'll post about it probably tomorrow. It is completely frustrating... I just want to be able to able to have sex without having anymore children... I don't think thats too much to ask for :-)

As for the IUD.. I had my first one for the full 5 years and LOVED it. But I also had a friend that had one for almost a year but had it removed cause it made her crazy.

 

Nimue and I struggled with this, and it took us (her, really) some time to come up with a solution that prevents pregnancies while avoiding interference with our lovemaking. I hope you end up with the same result.

 

Merlin...

I think that where it is a woman that deals with the physical stuff.. a couple really does take it head on... because it effects them both.

I'm glad that you guys found something that worked... I'm sure we will too. :-)